MAINTAINING and ORGANIZING
Every week, your system should be re-set and initialized. To do this:
- Lower the worksurface and any additional height adjustable zones to its/their lowest position
- Hold the down arrow for 30 seconds
- Raise the desk to the highest point and then lower it to the bottom
- The desk is now reset and initialized and you can now set it at the desired height
Just as important as the things to do, are the things not to do, so please avoid the following situations during your everyday usage and maintenance:
- Routing wires and cables in the area between the lift leg support base and the work surface
- Placing obstacles (chairs, storage units) under the desk
- Removing any fasteners from the desk
- Overloading the work surface. Each system has a specific load specification: Single Zone desks typically have a 500lb weight capacity, with higher capacities for the Dual Zone and Triple Zone
As mentioned earlier, every week, you should initialize the system which includes raising the work top to the highest position, and then lowering to the bottom position; this will re-set the legs and ensure that both legs work in parallel.
If the work top comes into contact with any kind of obstruction twice when raising or lowering, it may reset the limit for the leg closest to the obstruction. You will then have to “RESET” the system (see above directions).
While cleaning dust and dirt on the outside of your system, also check for damage. Make sure to inspect all connections, cables and plugs for smooth functioning as well as fixing points. Be sure that cables have not been moved into hazardous locations.
Important: When checking cables and pins – disconnect the main power first and reconnect after all cables are secure.
Issue – One leg does not travel full range:
If an obstruction comes in contact with the travel twice in succession, this position will become the new end-stop of the system. After this, it will not be possible to obtain full stroke length.
Press the up and down button simultaneously for 30 seconds. After this, re-initialize.
Issue – System does not respond
- Check that the mains cable is firmly plugged into the control box.
- Check that the motor cables are firmly plugged into the control box and into the motors at the top of the legs.
- Check that the Deskpanel (touchpad) extension is functioning. Pull the cable which is attached to the work surface through the flexible manager until you see the coupler. Remove the Deskpanel and connect directly to the control box. If the system then responds, a new coupler is required.
- Check the control box by exchanging it with another. If the system responds, a new box is required.
NovaLink SERVICE PROCEDURE
If you have any problems with your new desk, contact NovaLink at 646 928 0689 (NYC office) or 905 858 3500 (Guelph Office) and as for Customer Support.
As a general rule, cleaners and disinfectants must not be highly alkaline or acidic (pH value 6-8), but depending on the material, there are different cleaning solutions we suggest:
- To clean surface, use a damp cloth or sponge and a mild soap or detergent.
- Stains, such as coffee or tea, can be removed by using a soft bristled brush and mild household cleaner.
- Difficult stains can be treated by applying a paste of baking soda and water. Allow the paste to absorb the stain and wipe with a clean, dry cloth. Rinse with clean water. Do not rub the paste as it has an abrasive quality and may scratch the surface.
- Do not use bleach or bleach base products.
- Do not use cleaners which are acidic or contain abrasives.
- For normal cleaning, use a damp cloth with warm water and detergent. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Dust regularly to prevent dirt buildup.
- Scratches can be fixed by using touch up paint which is available through NLnovalink®™.
- Do not use harsh abrasives to clean any metal surfaces.
- For normal cleaning, vacuum as needed using an upholstery cleaning attachment.
- Spot clean with solvent cleaner, or dry clean, if necessary (follow manufacturer’s instructions).
- Do not clean with a rotary vacuum attachment as this may damage the weave.
- Dust once a week using a soft cloth or duster.
- Polish every 3 to 6 months.
- Avoid placing hot or wet items onto veneer surfaces.